Roulette is one of the most iconic casino games, and it can be said that it is the very image of gambling worldwide. The wheel, the table, and everything in between offer a dose of entertainment and lucrative winnings if you know how to play. If not, do not worry, this guide is here to help you.
With the rise of live online casinos, many casino providers have introduced roulette online. The rules and gameplay are quite similar to land-based roulette. All you need to do is find a reliable casino platform and get started with your game.
Here is the beginner’s guide to roulette.
Rules of the Online Roulette Game
At first, the roulette table might appear a little overwhelming to you. But once you get acquainted with the rules, it will be easy to start with. The rules are straightforward. The ball spins in the opposite direction of the rotating wheel with numbered pockets, and you have to guess the number on which it will land.
Depending on the variant, the wheel can feature 37, 38, or even 105 pockets that are in red, black, and zeroes in green color. All the players place their stakes until the dealer declared ‘No more bets’. After this, they wait for the ball to stop. The bets are paid out, and the next round begins.
What are the Types of Roulette Bets?
Roulette bets can be inside or outside.
- Red/Black – You have to guess whether the ball will fall into a red or black pocket.
- Odd/Even – You have to predict if the drawn number will be odd or even.
- High/Low – The high numbers are 19-36, whereas lows are 1-18.
- Columns – There are three columns, each containing 12 numbers, and the bet is placed on one column.
- Dozens – You have to guess the numbers between three dozens – 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. 50/50 bets pay 1:1, while columns and dozens pay 2:1.
- Straight up – You can guess the exact number.
- Split – You can predict two adjacent numbers by putting the chips on the line between them,
- Street – You can place a three-number bet on the sequence of numbers.
- Corner – You can bet on four numbers sharing a corner.
- Doublet Street – You can bet on six consecutive numbers by putting chips on the line shared by two rows of three numbers.
- Top line/Basket – It can include numbers 0-1-2-3 or 0-00-1-2-3, depending on the layout.
Besides the above-listed rules, there are bets based on the group of numbers concerning their position on the wheel, specific to French and European roulette.
Different Types of Roulette
If you explore roulette online, you will come across its many types. You can choose the type as per your preference and start playing.
Lightning roulette is one of the most popular online roulettes in India. Each round can feature up to five lucky numbers carrying different multipliers of 50x, 100x, 200x, 300x, and more. It means if you make a straight-up bet on one of these numbers, you will win more than regular roulette. That said, it is compensated by a 30:1 payout on a straight bet, with a non-lucky number.
It is the standard version of roulette played in Europe, India, and other parts of the world. A European roulette comprises a single zero pocket and 37 pickets in total, making the house edge 2.7 percent.
It comprises two zero pockets, one with a single and the other with a double zero, each on the opposite sides of the wheel. There are 38 pockets in total, but the payouts remain the same. The house edge increases to 5.26 percent, making this version one of the most unpredictable, hence unfavorable among the players.
French Roulette is similar to the European version. The only difference between the two is that it comprises two additional rules – la partage and en prison, allowing the players to receive half of their even-money bets back when the ball lands on a zero. This factor reduces the house edge, bringing it down by 1.35 percent. French roulette is the most lucrative version of online roulette.
You can now enjoy playing live casinos on online platforms in India. The experience is both exciting and immersive, exactly like a land-based casino. You can expect everything, including dealers and the atmosphere similar to a traditional casino. Online casino in India hosts plenty of live roulette variations for the players, including European, American, Lightning, Immersive, Speed, and others, where you can play and win big money.
Tricks and Tips to Win Roulette Online
Follow the below-listed tricks and strategies to win the game of roulette online.
- D’Alembert strategy is one of the most popular roulette strategies, which can help you stick to the game for long and earn good money. You can make even-money bets and increase the stake by one unit when you lose and decrease it by one unit when you win.
- Another sought-after strategy is the Martingale system. Under this, you can double your stake every time you lose and get back to your original bet once you win. The logic behind this strategy is that you will eventually win and negate all the losses while earning a small profit.
- We recommend starting with placing outside bets to increase your chances of winning. These kinds of wagers are placed on groups, as opposed to only on numbers. The payouts may be lower, but the chances of winning are much higher.
- Once you feel confident about your gameplay, you can start trying combination bets, which involve putting a stake on either two, three, four, five, or six individual numbers. You can place these bets on the lines in-between numbers on a roulette table. They will cost you more but the winning chances are higher.
- Some online casinos will have a What’s Due feature that gives guidance on which numbers might be coming next. We strictly suggest not getting driven by this feature. It is because online roulette games use a random number generator to determine where the ball will land on the wheel. The odds of a number or color coming up stay the same for every single spin, regardless of what has come up before.
- It is vital to understand roulette odds before beginning your game. Each bet comes with its own potential payout and odds of winning. Outside bets will pay 1:1, and inside bets will pay anything from 6:1 to 35:1. Knowing the odds will help you put your bets right.
- Ensure playing at a licensed and trusted casino to get a safe gaming environment.
Now that you understand how roulette works, it’s time to get going with the game. All the best.